Super light and completely waterproof, this insulated mountain jacket is ready for steep inclines and chilly ice climbing belays. The Micro Puff Storm Jacket's ripstop nylon shell and lining are ultralight and both have a durable water-repellent (DWR) finish. PlumaFill insulation has a down-like feel and packs down small, but stays warm even in the face of heavy rain. The hood cinches snugly around a climbing helmet, and seamless shoulders reduce the chance of irritation from backpack straps. An elasticized snow-skirt keeps warmth close at all times. Handwarmer pockets are set conveniently above where your harness or hipbelt sits for hassle-free access.
- Shell is ultralight 12-denier ripstop nylon with a H2No® Performance Standard waterproof-breathable laminate and a DWR finish that stands up to heavy rain and snow.
- Lined with ultralight 10-denier ripstop nylon Pertex Quantum with a DWR finish.
- Insulated with 65g PlumaFill synthetic insulation that offers the warmth, packability and feel of down but with the warm-when-wet performance of synthetic insulation.
- Seamless shoulder design reduces weight and possible abrasion points from backpack straps.
- Alpine helmet–compatible hood adjusts with a single-full cordlock and cinches down to work on a bare head.
- Hook and loop cuffs seal out out the elements.
- Mini elasticized snow-skirt cuts drafts and seals in heat.
- 2 handwarmer pockets are set above a harness or hipbelt and have mesh backing to add venting.